It got me thinking about success and here is what a few others think of it.
- (On being congratulated on a Competition win) It is always encouraging to receive a compliment - Brenda Novak (author)
- I work really hard - Tiger Woods (golfer)
- The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary - Vidal Sassoon (hairdresser)
- Success can be wracking and reproachful, to you and those close to you. It can entangle you with legends that are consuming and all but impossible to live up to. - Gordon Parks (photographer film director)
- What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. - Stephen King (author)
- In all things, success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure. - Confucius (Chinese philospher and ethics teacher)
- '-be happy but not satisfied' - Sensei David Kovar (6th degree black belt)
- Getting there is only part of the challenge, it is how you deal with it that determines whether success continues - Anon
- (on how to write a successful novel) - There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are. - Somerset Maugham.
- Success is counted sweetest, by those who ne'er succeed
- To comprehend a nectar, requires sorest need. - Emily Dickinson (poet)
Guess it is back to the grind... and I'll take a leave out of Rita Mae Brown's book and - "pray for chance magnificence."